My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Monday 7 September 2009

hello!

Hello, hello - goodness it's been a while since I've blogged (over a week!) We have been rather busy, visiting my parents then in Bristol with my lovely sister Genni (staying at our Godmother's) then rearranging/ organising the lounge & sorting the garage while David was off work last week. Normal service should resume from now on....

Our 3 days away in Bristol were lovely, we went to the city farm with my Godmother, popped into the city centre, met up with Jenny & her twins who are 3 days older than Logan (we met online on pregnancy messageboard & she was my texy buddy but we ended up being in hospital at the same time!) & lovely chats - though 3 nights of drinking wine int eh evening followed by very poor sleep due to Logan's teething left me feeling rather hanging by the time we came home (via Ikea!) on wednesday!! It was fantastic spending a decent amount of time with Genni & Jo & Rob, who are very lovely & more like our Aunt & Uncle than anyone else. It was a bit like therapy though & I felt pretty wrung out emotionally by the end as we talked a lot about my childhood - & it was a pretty hard childhood in many ways that I'm not going to elaborate on. Some bits Genni shared in but I think some of it was new to her but it was good to talk it through. I'm so glad that I'm so close to her now, she's like a best friend and a sister in one..

The lounge is looking much better - a large part of the change has been to move one of our large 3-seater sofas out into the garage pending imminent rehoming (we hope!) so it feels very spacious. We're getting new carpets int eh next 3 weeks or so & some storage units ordered from Ikea online so really can't wait for the end of this month in many ways as the house should hopefully feel a lot more together... We did take the children swimming yesterday (more successful than last time as Logan had a mini wetsuit to keep him warm) & I made a huge roast dinner. David went back to work today but we've kept very busy & went to the park this morning & to Hestercombe with Tina & Lindsay & their children. we weren't home until gone 5pm so Lyra was knackered & I had to organise food with 2 screaming children!!

In other news Daniella has sorted her house for Uni - she didn't quite make the grades for UCL so is going to Portsmouth instead so had to find a house as halls were full. She's made friends with a nice young man called Josh who she will be sharing a house with (and 4 other students!). David's sister Vicky has announced she is expecting a baby in May which was rather a surprise as a week before conception her husband had been expressing that he did not want any more children (their kids are 6 & 8), & most important of all to our little family Lyra is starting pre-school tomorrow for the first time!! This will be the first time someone outside of our family has looked after her (Isa & Tom count as family really) so very big step for us. I'm rather nervous but managing to hide it well in front of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment