My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Wednesday 26 August 2009

special delivery.....

David has bought himself a present... can you guess what it is from this picture of Lyra trying out the contents of the package that arrived yesterday....


Yes he finally decided that now is the time to invest in a full set of stormtrooper armour.. obviously!!! Unfortunately there is a little work to be done on the ensemble before I can reveal him in all his glory, ready to annihilate any rebel forces that may happen our way. He still needs his blaster and boots before he's fully ready, but he is so excited by the prospect of actually being able to take part in the comic book event (where several stormtroopers will be making special guest appearances) on 19th September in Taunton that it makes up for any expense - well the amount he's spent anyway....


Logan is more interested in bouncing around in circles, rolling onto his tummy and chewing things...


& has been rather distracted by being a bit sick today - well very sick really any time he wriggles it seems to make him sick poor lamb. He's got a bit of a chesty cough so I think that's upset his tummy a little.

What with Logan's sickness and Lyra's tantrums today has been rather trying, with about 1hr 45mins worth of screaming tantrums from Lyra this afternoon while Logan wailed because his dinner wasn't quick enough because I was trying to prepare everyone else's food too while being distracted by Lyra's howls. I was impressed with myself for keeping calm... We have managed to make time for playing with toys and having afternoon tea from a real fine bone china tea set that I bought the other day for just £5 from a charity shop - bargain as it has 6 cups & saucers, sugar bowl & coffee pot with lid & is a nice Royal Standard set. No matching milk jug sadly, only real negative as I really want a coordinating set. & for that price it's not a worry bringing it out for afternoon tea with a 2 1/2 year old, even if I do ask her to be careful. One cup already hs it's handle broken off so I think we'll just have to make sure we always have it on a table rather than on the picnic blanket as yesterday's breakage has shown! I think it's a lovely tradition to start that she'll always remember.


In the same charity shop I also managed to find a wooden elephant that holds a certain significance for me - it is slightly bigger than but identical to one that I already have - inherited from my grandma who passed away 3 1/2 years ago aged 90. She received it and its 4 fellows in graduating sizes (each grandchild has one, I am the middle grandchild so I have the middle sized elephant) as a gift from my grandfather when he was away in India, carved in a little Indian village.... & I have managed to find an identical one in slightly different wood so perhaps from a different tree. OK the tusks are missing (as are those of the one I already have) and it is slightly damaged from time and poor repairwork on a chip but I'm so happy to have it.How lovely, really - & how meant-to-be....

No comments:

Post a Comment