My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Monday 10 August 2009

illness again!!

Good afternoon, I hope you had a good weekend? Poor David has had severe tonsilitis since wednesday, typically this weekend was gorgeous & sunny - the first in ages - and he was most definitely not feeling up to doing anything like going for a walk or similar that we would usually do on a nice weekend day. He even went to the doctor, which is unheard of for him, and has been dosing himself up with penicillin since friday. Obviously he was convinced it was swine flu at first because the symptoms were similar at first, thank goodness it wasn't!!


Logan is a bit grizzly at the moment, I think he must be teething as he's so chewy and dribbly. It's so unlike him to be grizzly and grumpy that I don't know what to do with him! If he's in a grizzly mood he likes to be carried around. It also means he's been waking more in the night - last night 10.30, 1am, 3am, 5.30am & he was awake then so avid brought him downstairs so I could get another half hour's sleep. Oh the joys of parenthood! Lyra is being very good, though she's determined to thwart my efforts to get rid of her dummy. David has suggested "forgetting" the dummy when we go on holiday next week so she has a whole week without it & with none scattered around. We must make sure we dispose of the ones around the house before we go!! Genni and Daniella are sharing responsibility for house & cassie-sitting while we're away



I've made a start on my first crochet blanket!! I ordered some patons washed haze aran yarn in 2 shades of pink, blue and lilac last week on ebay, which arrived on Saturday, and made a start on it on saturday evening. I'm making a smallish ripple blanket to start with but will probably make a little blanket for Logan too as I have some green cotton yarn that would go well with the blue. The cotton means it won't be at all scratchy and he'll be able to chew it! I've been making lots of other things too - Eric the zombie was finally completed last week and given to Genni on friday, I've made a skirt and a dress for Lyra and 3 bandana bibs for Logan (he's so dribbly at the mo!) feeling really pleased with myself as they are pretty productive hobbies & the results were pretty good :o)
& to finish - here are a few pictures. First my gorgeous litle ones having a cuddle as they often do ....

the start of my crochet blanket...

Eric the crochet zombie by my many tomato plants...


& inside....


Lyra's patchwork skirt....






No comments:

Post a Comment