My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Monday 11 January 2010

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....

It has been very, very wintery and festive over the past week, with more snow than I've seen since I was about 5 years old! of course we had to take advantage of it and build snowmen, go sledging and have snowball fights... David had last Wednesday and Thursday off due to the treacherous conditions so it has felt rather like an extension of the Christmas holidays. Love it!



Logan seemed vaguely confused, a bit interested but mainly not too fussed however Lyra was ridiculosly excited about the whole thing! When the snow first began falling heavily she ran from front to back of the house saying "it's snowing!!!" "It's snowing in the back garden too!" and was very hyper! Of course she has got a bit chilly a few times and we've only spent limited time outside but here are a few pictures at least becasue it is such a rare occurrence to have such generous helpings of snow in this part of the world.......




It was still snowing heavily when we first went out, Logan soon fell asleep all snuggled up in the sling though
Lyra considers sledge to be THE best mode of transport....
David is an angel... in an eiderdown jacket...


I made this snowman almost unaided last Wednesday and he only collapsed last night, I have made another from his remains, how gruesome!! He was about 7 foot tall :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment