My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Wednesday 20 January 2010

10 months old... My big little man!

the past week or so has involved some major developmental steps for my little boy.Please excuse the quality of the pictures; taken on my iphone!

The stair gate/ room divider had to be put up last Tuesday because he decided to start climbing the stairs... He now climbs the stairs all the way to the top, all by himself every night ont he way to the bathroom.....

Incidentally the stairs are not all he climbs. This morning alone he has climbed onto the footstool to get onto the chair to try to see out of the window (and then fallen off!) and onto Lyra's oy bench in her room to get to toys on the windowsill.

He learned to drink from his doidy cup all by himself (slanted, lidless baby cup) with minimal mess and great enthusiasm....

He has learned to post things out through the cat flap! I found a rattle out there yesterday, this is him trying to post a scarf!

And last, but certainly not least, he slept from 7pm to 5am last night. The first time he has effectively slept through the night! he's a happy, chirpy little man, into everything (including but not limited to eating cat food) and ever so cuddly but definitely mummy's boy! He loves playing with cars, trucks, wheeled alligators, brick trucks - anything he can push along expecially if it makes a noise. It's lovely that he can now play properly

As for everyone else; Lyra is now back at preschool and loving it apart from the initial separation from me where she still cries. Next week is he 3rd birthday and I am arranging a little party for her at home. She is very excited about the whole thing and to be honest so am I! I've ordered some coloured sugar paste from eBay to decorate her birthday cake and can't wait to see her face when she opens her presents!

David isprobably going trooping over the first weekend in February in Sussex!! He really wants to go but it's such a long way that he is still undecided. I think we need to properly look at possible troops more locally becasue he really doesn't want to travel such a long way from us and be away from me for the longest time since we've lived together 6 1/2 years ago!

I'm on a diet and have lost 5lb in just 1 1/2 weeks. I am hungry sooo often as I'm trying to avoid snacking!!! I'm happy though, mostly & keeping pretty busy. It's nice to get back into routine after such a long break and I'm very proud of myself for doing sp well. I do at least 30minutes on my wii fit each evening aswell as dieting so have less time for crochet, only real downside!!!!!

TTFN,I'm being climbed on!

No comments:

Post a Comment