My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Sunday 21 February 2010

Its nearly here...

The spring that is! Crocuses, snowdrops and even early daffodils are
starting to make their bright and cheery appearance in the cold
February ground. (the photo was taken 3 weeks ago or so and is the
first spring flowers I saw) I do so love the springtime; the young and
fresh green life that will soon be surrounding us, the SUNSHINE-
goodness knows we're in need of it- the chance to get out in the
garden and start off some plants....

We visited our local garden centre today for both a couple of new
plants and as a gentle family day out - fountains, fish, windmills,
garden ornaments &swing seats are good to entertain the little ones
and the plants keep me happy! I only bought a few plants (grape
hyacinth, thyme, sage and English lavender) to keep me going but we
also bought some fat balls for putting out along with the bird table
and feeder we already have to attract more birds to our garden. We
have two friendly robins who are regular visitors already & the
children get very excited when we have avian guests in the garden.

I have managed to get out to do some gardening 3 times so far over the
past week and am most pleased with myself! Compost has been removed
from the composter and spread about; plants have been potted up,
planted out and pruned; the patio has been tidied & swept and the
plantless pots emptied and stacked... I love the way the improving
weather motivates me to this!

In other news; I made Logan a pair of cords last night and am in the
process of crocheting a cardi for Lyra; this productivity and busyness
is so gratifying! I really hope that next week is a positive one; our
washing machine should be fixed tomorrow and I have physiotherapy on
Thursday morning, possibly the last before my return to work... The
tooth that has been plagueing Logan all week is half broken through
and Lyra is back at preschool tomorrow... I already did the majority
of my spring cleaning but expect I Will find more to do, it's
impossible to rest from tidying with two small mess makers!

I hope you have a good week too :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment