My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Sunday 4 March 2012

This too will pass...

Time is a strange thing isn't it, flying by st a crazy speed but at the same time seeming to drag... Children are the very essence of this; their lives made up of fleeting moments that pass far too fast as they grow and change so quickly. My little princess is 5-years-old and blossoming at school. She is soon to be moving up a group in her ballet lessons, will read and write surprisingly difficult words, draws beautiful pictures and holds amazing debates with us. Always a one for encouraging questions I love it when she reasons her way through an argument. It may not make it easy for me but I'm proud fit to bursting! And my baby boy? There's no baby in this house any more and hasn't been for some time now! Turning 3 in just over 2 weeks he holds proper conversations with us now, has the confidence to ask for what he wants in shops and will more often than not take himself to the toilet without any assistance. He loves his cuddles and plays and dances and sings all the time... A bundle of cuddles and movement and enthusiasm. My darling son! They are both so full of life and newness that I am simultaneously full of joy at their thriving and growing and grieving for those lost moments; they will never come again. In life there is no going back, not really. We all change over time and what has been passes into memory, some more clear than others. Neither the good nor the bad can last forever so I try to cherish the moment and make the most of what we have. It has been a tough couple of years and I've grown and changed a lot myself. I'm now so much happier being myself and don't try to be anyone else as that frankly won't make me happy. I've become more honest; I've always been truthful but I'm more likely to get issues out in the open now rather than ignoring them. I know I've helped a lot of people and given a lot of myself. I have achieved a lot and upset one or two people along the way too. I have lived. Who knows what tomorrow will bring; embrace happiness where you can find it because you'll never have this moment again.... Xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment