My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Monday 9 July 2012

Silence is golden

Because nobody likes a whiney complainer and you don't want to read about my everyday woes do you.

I've been signed off from work since the beginning of March following a minor knee injury that caused an underlying connective tissue disorder (Hypermobility Syndrome, now likely to turn out to be Ehlers Danlos Syndrome due to my other symptoms)to flare up big time. No it hasn't been fun. Yes it hurts a lot. No I'm not better. There, I think that's succinct enough.

However there have been a lot of positives in my life too & that's what I want to write about so I don't forget!!

Lyra has been thriving at school and had a glowing school report. She is friendly, kind, funny, clever & hard working. I'm so proud of her. Her reading & writing are amazing, her pictures are beautiful, she is already on year 1 reading books and was having extra ballet lessons because her teacher didn't want her to miss out on the extra syllabus the older girls were doing. On top of this she has loads of friends and is so kind and thoughtful other mums have commented on it to me. *glowing with pride & love here*

Logan is becoming a proper big boy. No nappies ever now! He had finally taken an interest in sitting down & concentrating on puzzles or drawings & did two age 4+ puzzles by himself the other day. He's getting better with his colours, though drawings are rare he CAN do really well - he traced around his name last week with minimal help. He's also so sweet & caring it hurts. He often says things like "I love you so much mummy. We love our chothers (each other!) don't we mummy" but is still such a BOY. It's like he read the how to be a boy manual. At his preschool sports day he won all of his races. Ok he came second in one but then he ran it again until he came first!!!

David has been amazingly supportive while I'm having a hard time. He's also managing to cope really well with the inevitable emotional fallout. We had a lovely family holiday in the middle of June and it was so wonderful to get to spend time with him. I do miss him so much sometimes when he's at work; surely a good sign after 7 years of marriage and almost 11 years together. Goodness hasn't the time flown!

After we came back from our holiday we brought a little kitten home - Chewy - who is absolutely adorable & so cuddly. His birthday is 3 days after Logan's :) he's been a great source of happiness already & tolerates Logan picking him up by random body parts so well!

I've managed to do quite a bit of work on the garden this year, despite the torrential rain & plague of slugs. Mum & David have done the heavy stuff but my veg patch is doing well & there are plenty of pretty flowers. In fact it's looking rather well established. I've not had the emotional energy to be inspired & get making things but am hoping this will pick up. I have managed to do some research into my family tree though and am hoping to carry on with this & do a little "family history" book for us all. Ok probably an e-book but that's not a bad thing!

I've made lots of new friends since Lyra started school and I really feel I have a good place I the community. I've done a lot for Logan's preschool as the chair of thei management committee and really hope to be able to help a bit in Lyra's class next year (work allowing - we shall see what happens with that soon enough) I really feel good if I'm helping out. It's good to know that I'm considered a good, reliable and responsible person even though I'm not so worried any more about what people think of me if I'm being me. If I have an off day I worry though!!!

Anyway it's late and I need to sleep. TTFN & I hope it's not so long next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment