My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Thursday 26 July 2012

Summer has finally arrived!

After the most wet, miserable, grey June & July imaginable we've finally been blessed with glorious sunshine - since the children broke up from school in fact. It's been fabulous. I have absolutely loved having an excuse to fill up the paddling pool, chomp on ice lollies and the laundry drying so quickly is just the cherry on top. Yes, it's a mum's life but somebody has to do it!

Tonight, in my insomniac Internet browsing, I ended up looking through all of my old posts from back in the days when I used to update this blog religiously. It was wonderful for me to read the little reminders and anecdotes from when my babies were actually babies. They are so big and grown up now! Lyra has finished her first year at primary school and we will be receiving the school application pack for Logan in a few short months. The teachers will have their work cut out that's for sure.

Thr children are loving spending time together and have been playing really nicely (apart from the occasional scrap and one biting incident that resulted in some of Logan's cars being confiscated - they are children after all) the play house has been brilliant and they have loved playing house in it. Logan likes to set up shop and plays at driving to work in his little tikes coupé, either that or driving to the "cinema" (play house!) and eating pretend popcorn. Lyra does join in but her favourite things are dressing up, doing lovely drawings and writing about her pictures. She made me a booklet at school last week "facts about butterflies" (spelled kind of phonetically but she worked it ALL out herself. Logan joins in with the dressing up and makes a beautiful Rapunzel, though Lyra always ends up shouting at him if he "joins in" (read "ruins") her pictures.

As for me, I've discovered Fimo. I made a teeny tiny bucket the other day - to wear as a necklace and put real teeny flowers in. Love it! I've also discovered Fimo sticks as nail art tools. So has Lyra and I can't wait to decorate her nails tomorrow. I love doing girly things like that with her! She's so sweet; a couple of mums have commented on this to me; my little princess is very kind and considerate and even if she wasn't as clever as she is (beautiful writing, excellent reading, gorgeous drawings etc etc- she's a proper little clever clogs reading well over her age range) and she really is a mummy's girl right now. She has a huge collection of hints I've made for her that HAVE to go to bed with her.

Logan drew me a lovely colourful rainbow the other day. for a boy who has never been interested in drawing its a huge step and it wasn't "hotwheels"!!! He really cracks me up; he runs around singing the superman theme run when he's wearing his superman Pajs, points his elbow forward when he's running along being lightning McQueen & if he's being mater he puts both hands behind his back & wiggles his fingers as the "hook" - it really makes me laugh!

We've managed to avoid losing the kitten too! He's an adventurous little hung and I have to pluck him off of the back wall pretty regularly when we're in the garden. He lives being outside though and is being a bit better about not running away & staying in the garden than he was a few days ago. Thank goodness really; the neighbour on one side has a jungle of stinging nettles in his back green & I would hate to have to try to rescue him from there!!

Anyway ttfn, I'm finally sleepy (always tired!) aren't I doing a good job of updating regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment