My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Thursday 1 October 2009

October?!

Goodness me, it really is well & truly Autumn now... where did the summer go?! It's most definitely time for an update on us as it has been far too long, I just don't seem to have stopped!

Lyra has been at preschool for a month & is still crying when I leave her & begging me to take her with me but not for so long as at first so it's all progress. She does admit to really enjoying herself while she's there and it's just the moment of separation and the build up to it that upsets her so very much. It's absolutely heartwrenching for me though and pretty tough for her too. I often feel like crying too when I leave though! She is having fewer tantrums recently but is still definitely int he screetching & howling stage of her development, hard to handle when you have a 6-month old who is crying because he wants to be picked up too! She is wonderfully sweet in equal measures though, probably more than she is trying in fact... A couple of recent notable moments between my two lovely babies - Lyra crooning coftly to a crying Logan and saying "I'm here big little dude, I'm here" soothingly & just yesterday "Oh little boy don't cry, I will wipe your tears". She's so protective of him & has been known to chase other children away from him snarling "he's my baby brother!"
Logan is getting so big! Last tuesday at 6 months & a few days he weighed 19lb 1oz. I had been expecting him to have exceeded the 20lb mark though so responded "is that all?" in surprise! He's generally such a smiley little lad but has een a bit more demanding recently due to a nasty bout of croup, which has also seen him waking up coughing dreadfully 5 or 6 times a night. not fun! He's mostly recovered now though and the nice lady doctor that I took him to see was rather taken by him and he was flirting shamelessly with her & jumping up & doewn & asking for a cuddle! We visited her twice and the second visit she really noticed how he was even MORE bouncy & happy than the visit 5 days before as he was recovering. He is well and truly sitting without any help at all, rolls front to back more often now, tries to bum shuffle but gets carried away but can manouver himself a good few feet when he's lying down. He's eating loads & on the advice of my health visitor he's on 3 proper meals a day, lunch and dinner both full protein-based meals followed by pudding. I'm enjoying cooking for him though it's been harder to fit in with my own manic lifestyle!
I've been trying to get the house sorted so that it isn't in a perpetual state of chaos, the Ikea shelving units have arrived and been assembled the toys that are downstairs are in their new toy chest on wheels that hides under a bench, the new carpets will be fitted int he lounge, stairs & landing on monday so I've been trying to get everything together for that, the kitchen has been slightly rearranged and very much tidied, some christmas shopping has been done, I've sorted lots of Lyra's old clothes to sell at the Nearly New sale on saturday, David has been tinkering with his stormtrooper armour & spending time with our lovely new friends Ian and Sophie who are self-confessed StarWars nuts. (full summary to follow in due course!!) I've finally been to the doctor about my painful left hip (PGP still bothering me from pregnancy & getting worse) & I've been given a strong dose of ibuprofen (al i can have while breastfeeding) and been referred to physio pending an appointment, I've also crocheted a cardi for Logan (OK still umming & ahhhing over whether it's going to be a cardi or body warmer) & spent lots of time with my family. Genni has her first interview tomorrow - in London so argh! really hope she gets it as she's starting to feel a bit down because of the whole looking for jobs without feedback thing. Daniella has staerted Uni, had a meltdown & a panic attack & recovered & made friends & really sounds like she's enjoying it now..... Really appreciating my lovely sisters lately & will particularly miss Genni when she moves to London but we will definitely keep in touch..

Well that's a basic summary of some of our stuff, not much but plenty to be getting on with! Will try to keep updated more often but that's not really very likely until everything is a bit more together!!!
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment