My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Monday 13 July 2009

more babies!

My cousin Tony and his wife Catherine had a baby boy last night - Alexander Charles - who arrived 7.13pm weighing 8lb 7oz. what a respectable time of day to be born! both of my children were awkward arriving at 11.06pm (Lyra - followed by PPH & emergency trip to theatre so was up ALL night) & 2.52am (also followed by a PPH and stitches so no sleep all night then either.)
I must confess to being rather broody for another baby with allt hese babies (my lovely friend Tina has just announced she's expecting too), Logan is such a wonderful smiley, easygoing child that I would love another one - well 2 as would have to be even number. However NO SPACE is all I can really say to that so until we have at least 3 bedrooms, ideally 4, it's not an option. I think that next time(!) I want both Lyra & Logan to be in school so I can have some chillout time with the littlest, Lyra has been particularly time consuming & I constantly worry Logan is missing out.

I've actually been feeling a bit down today, I think it's a combination of several things - I'm a bit hormonal from having the merina (progesterone) coil fitted 2 weeks ago, my pelvis is hurting (my PGP & SPD from pregnancy flared up due to hormones, lots of walking & climbing at kids activity centre over weekend) & I'm just recovering from a cold. I think I should get my wii fit out & do some exercise to try to boost my endorphin levels tonight. I suffered from severe PND after Lyra was born - for over a year I was totally out of it really - so am determined not to get stuck in a rut this time. I'm very lucky to have lovely friends that care about me but I find it really difficult to ask for help. Don't worry I'm not depressed, just kind of hormonal & a little low for no real reason! i may crochet lots of little flowers tonight as a form of therapy.

Logan is currently settling himself off to sleep upstairs - in fact think he IS asleep now - while Lyra demands daddy's presence until she drops off. I don't know if it's our treatment of her when she was small or her personality or both that have caused this problem for us but ARGH!!! Oh well one day she will be good I'm sure! It's weird being able to leave my baby to go to sleep by himself at night after Lyra who screamed until she was hysterical if i tried. During the day he usually wants booby or cuddles to drop off but since I LOVE giving him both that's fine, I'm still babywearing a lot & loving carrying him, though he's in a 6-12 month sleepsuit tonight for the second night in a row so getting quite big it's not really a problem at all. I have been known to carry Lyra at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment